The State Theatre is one of the most prominent and well-known buildings on Portland's Congress Street. Built in 1929, featuring a combination of Moorish and Art Deco architecture, the theater played some of the first talkies and silent films in Maine. The State Theatre is Portland's only surviving movie palace from the early 20th century. It operated as a first-run movie house until the late 1960s and since reopening in 2010, it now acts as a performing arts center, attracting renowned acts to the Portland's Art District.
To view the complete Landmark Ornament collection, click here.