Originally a doll, or playhouse, the Duck House was given to the city of Portland by the Lowe family in 1886. It was placed on an island in the Deering Oaks Pond to provide a comfortable home for the local ducks and geese. Removed because of deterioration, it was replaced by a replica built by SMTC students in 1994. The original duck house can be seen on display at Smiling Hill Farm in Westbrook.
To view the complete Landmark Ornament collection, click here.